This document is the property of the OCDPA. It may be freely referenced with full acknowledgement of the OCDPA, and may not be used for commercial purposes.
Proceedings for Systems Think Tank on Mental Health and Chronic Disease Prevention: Moving Forward as a System
On February 6, 2009, the OCDPA, in partnership with its members, the Canadian Mental Health Association - Ontario Division and the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, hosted a Systems Think Tank on Mental Health and Chronic Disease Prevention: Moving Forward to:
- Enhance the capacity of the chronic disease prevention system;
- Integrate mental health promotion into current and future work within the system;
- Identify opportunities for collaboration.
At the systems think tank, participants discussed ideas on what need to happen in order to advance mental health promotion and chronic disease prevention through collective action; 3 priorities were identified:
- Document existing initiatives and evidence for mental health promotion in order for related stakeholders to build on existing programs;
- Establish a common direction for integrating mental health promotion within chronic disease prevention
- Influence the provincial mental health and addiction strategy currently under development to ensure inclusion of chronic disease prevention elements and alignment with chronic disease prevention strategies and initiatives.
(PDF format, 1.3MB, 12 pages)